Hot or Not?
U.S. Dept. of Health Annouces Birth Control & Other Preventative Services to Be Covered w/o CoPay
Finally, the government has done something to better our healthcare system. Now women can get the care they deserve without having to pay a fortune for it. I'm surprises that insurance companies haven't offered contraceptive services for free a long time ago as it has to be much cheaper than the delivery of a baby at a hospital. I'm glad the wife and I waited before shelling out $800 for an IUD.
Today’s announcement builds on that progress by making sure women have access to a full range of recommended preventive services without cost sharing, including:
* well-woman visits;
* screening for gestational diabetes;
* human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA testing for women 30 years and older;
* sexually-transmitted infection counseling;
* human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) screening and counseling;
* FDA-approved contraception methods and contraceptive counseling;
* breastfeeding support, supplies, and counseling; and
* domestic violence screening and counseling.
Read more: http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/.....0801b.html