Following the announcement by Walmart adding an in-store "Pay with Cash" option for online orders six months ago, Toys 'R' Us have added a similar option for their own customers. This will give shoppers the ability to place orders online at both Toys 'R' Us and Babies 'R' Us and then pay for them in any of their stores with any payment type - including cash, check, or gift card. Once the online order is complete, the items are reserved, an Order Confirmation email will be sent, and shoppers will have 48 hours to visit their local store to pay. They will have to print or show the Order Confirmation on their smart phone. The order will then be processed and shipped to the customers home. This option is not the same as store pickup.
Read more about Toys 'R' Us here - http://www.toysrus.com/shop/in.....ore:110712
There are a few restrictions you should be aware of:
• Gift Cards, Pre-order items, Ship to Store orders and items selected with same day Store Pickup orders cannot be purchased using the Pay in Store method of payment.
• Pay in Store cannot be combined with credit cards, gift cards or gift certificates during online checkout.
• Same day Store Pickup orders, Ship to Store orders and orders shipping internationally are not eligible for Pay in Store.
• Returns made to a Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us store will be refunded to the original form of payment used at the store when you paid for your order.
• Returns made to the Online Returns Center will be refunded using an eGift Card within 24 hours of processing. This eGift Card may be exchanged in any Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us store for a full refund back to your original method of payment. To help speed the process, please bring your eGift Card email and your original payment receipt when you visit the store.
Here are the details of the Walmart option, if you missed the announcement -
Will Target follow suit?