Now you can download the Kindle app for iPhone or iPod touch from the Apple iTunes app store http://itunes.apple.com/WebObj.....84613&mt=8
and choose from over 400,000 Kindle books.
(Requires iPhone 2.1 software update.)
* No Kindle required
* Read in portrait or landscape mode
* Select alternate background and text colors to improve reading comfort in low light conditions
* Tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages
* Pinch to zoom images in books
* Tap and hold on a word to create a note or highlight
If you have a Kindle too
* Access your Kindle books even if you don't have your Kindle with you
* Whispersync will back up and synchronize annotations with your other Kindle devices
* Automatically synchronizes your last page read between devices with Amazon Whispersync
* Adjust the text size, add bookmarks, and view the annotations you created on your Kindle
Books from the Kindle Store are also optimized for Safari on your iPhone or iPod touch.
However, Kindle newspapers, magazines and blogs are not
currently available for this platform.