Sam’s Club is offering free fall health screenings this Saturday, October 9, 2010. The free screenings were annoiunced in this press release - http://www3.samsclub.com/NewsRoom/Press/813
- and are open to the public, so you don’t have to be a Sam’s Club member
. Valued at more than $150, the health screenings include bone density screenings for osteoporosis, cholesterol and glucose testing, as well as blood pressure checks. $24 flu shots will also be available. Screenings will be available from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
During Sam’s Club screening events held in July, more than 26,000 members and attendees were served in 400 locations.
For more information on local health screenings events or the pharmacy satisfaction guarantee, visit http://www.samsclub.com/sams/homepage.jsp
and call to find out if a location near you is participating.
Here are 10 tips from the press release to stay healthy during cold and flu season.
1. Wash your hands as often as is practical.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
3. Limit contact with people who are sick.
4. Make sure to take a Vitamin D supplement.
5. Supplement with extra Vitamin C.
6. Take a good multivitamin.
7. Eat healthy, high energy foods.
8. Get enough sleep and rest.
9. Drink plenty of water.
10. Find ways to reduce chronic stress and avoid lowering our immunity.