Chase has issued the first post-merger airline card for the union of United and Continental Airlines. The United MileagePlus Explorer Card will eventually replace the Continental OnePass Plus Card, but cardholders with Continental OnePass cards from Chase will continue to enjoy their current rewards and privileges through 2012.
The new United MileagePlus Explorer Card extends many of the benefits offered to previous Continental OnePass members before the two airlines merged in 2010, while adding a list of new perks that include:
* Priority boarding on United and Continental flights
* First checked bags free for cardholders and one guest
* Double miles earned for every dollar spent with United
* 10,000 bonus miles after $25,000 in annual spending
* Two complimentary United airport club passes on each membership anniversary
* No restrictions or blackout dates for reward travel
* Extended trip protection and purchase protection benefits
If you're not a frequent flyer and would rather have a card that provides other benefits, you can find the best credit cards for your needs. You can compare to other cards and apply for them right from the site.