We are pleased to announce that Buxr.com has been formally acquired by Microsoft. The deal is effective immediately, April 1, 2009.
Buxr will remain its own entity under the Microsoft umbrella, and all of the Buxr employees will stay on board. Buxr offices will be relocating to Seattle, in close proximity to the Microsoft campus.
It is expected that Buxr.com will be incorporated into the new release of Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8 as the default home page.
In addition, there will be a few small but very exciting changes to the Buxr contest rules as follows:
1. Users are no longer permitted to submit deals for computer systems with operating systems which may be deemed threatening to Micosoft. These include Apple OS X, Linux, etc.
2. Down votes will be disabled for any deal associated with a Microsoft product. We realize this may be difficult for some users to accept, but we feel this adds great value to the Buxr community, and helps promote the great Microsoft brand.
3. Users that submit Microsoft deals will automatically receive 3 bonus votes.
4. As an added bonus, members who browse Buxr with Internet Explorer version 8, will be able to cast 3 votes for any individual deal. However, browsing with Firefox or Safari will reduce member's voting power by half. Any member caught browsing the site with Google Chrome will be banned.
5. Monthly prizes will no longer be awarded in the form of cash. Instead we are giving away an exciting new Microsoft product every month. This month, winners will receive an early release of the latest Microsoft Service Pack for the yet to be released Windows 7.
Again, we know you will be thrilled with the new changes, and are probably as excited as we are. We were lucky enough to get a quote from Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer about the Buxr acquisition
I'm thrilled to be working with two super bargain hunters and social media gurus like Yan and Mike. When you see an opportunity like this, you definitely want to throw as much money at them as possible... and we did!
So thanks to everyone who made this a success, we couldn't have done it without you!
Mike & Yan!