Scope (?):  All Topics
9 5 2
Hot or Not?

9 year old CEO

submitted on June 16, 2010 by gabyperu in "Member's Lounge"
9 year old Hannah Altman, of West Bloomfield, Mich. is CEO of her own toy company called Hannah's Cool World. When most kids her age are getting ready to play non-stop for the summer recess, She is thinking up ways to improve and grow her online business,

According to the report ,BizWhiz Kids by Carol Berman, Hannah built her mini empire in just one year. "Cool World" is an Internet based business that sells, of all things, pencil toppers. The company sold a cool 250,000 of them this year.

When asked how she came up with the idea, Hannah said she saw some pencil toppers in a vending machine and thought they were cool for she had never seen them before.

Fast forward to one year later and Hannah's Cool World has customers in the U.S., Canada and the UK. 8500, to be exact. Not bad for young CEO and a young company.

And she isn't just playing at being in charge, she designed her website, fills orders and heads up customer service. Her parents are managing partners and help her with purchase since children aren't allowed at toy industry trade shows.

Indeed, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, for Hannah's parents are also entrepreneurs, with their own web-based business called CoolZips.

When asked if running a business while going to school was too much for her, Hannah said she was perfectly happy doing it all. She said she still had time to play basketball, soccer,hockey and baseball. "I always just find time. I just do homework right when I get home." she said.

Posted by outcastplo313 on June 17, 2010 [reply] 0 0
    very interesting article, never heard of anything like this. Hope she continues to be successful.

Leave a Comment (members Sign in to comment)

E-Mail (will not be published)

2 x 3 = ?

'Mr Green''Neutral''Twisted''Arrow''Eek''Smile''Confused''Cool''Evil''Big Grin''Idea''Red Face'

Browse by tags