Scope (?):  All Topics
2 11 9
12 9 2
Hot or Not?

9 Ways Supermarkets Suck You In

submitted on October 9, 2011 by siggy38 in "Stores / Merchants"

Supermarkets have a great way of putting all the things you really want ahead of all the boring things you don't want but need.

If you're a fairly savvy shopper, you may stroll into the supermarket with your trusty coupons in hand and your flier of specials perused, secure in the knowledge that you're going to walk away a savings champ. Truth is though, those things are a bit of a set up to get you through the doors. And once you're on site, supermarkets have all sorts of strategies to get you to spend more money.

Here's how to avoid the traps.
1. Resist the Smells
2. Forget the End Caps
3. Get Physical
4. Appreciate the Plain Stuff
5. Ask for More Cashiers
6. Expect Tricky Tactics
7. Be Wary of Pairings
8. Ignore the Expensive Wines
9. Don't Buy the Numbers Hype

Read more here:

2 1
    12 8 1
    Posted by sandyshore on October 9, 2011
    [reply] 2 0
    #1 resist the smells...I've recently started shopping a new store in my area, as you walk in the door into the area with carts and carriers they have a very strong artificial cinnamon smell, makes me crazy. I must eat before going shopping or that odor would have me in the bakery aisles filled with sweets.
    • siggy38
      2 11 9
      12 9 2
      Posted by siggy38 on October 10, 2011 [reply] 0 0
      I try to never go grocery shopping hungry.
    1 1 2
    11 8 2
    Posted by laaya on October 10, 2011 [reply] 0 0
    I can more of these at publix Pairings, Numbers Hype
    Posted by BeckaKnows on October 10, 2011 [reply] 0 0
    I'm with you siggy38, I always eat first, and go with a set list that I adhere to.

Leave a Comment (members Sign in to comment)

E-Mail (will not be published)

2 x 3 = ?

'Mr Green''Neutral''Twisted''Arrow''Eek''Smile''Confused''Cool''Evil''Big Grin''Idea''Red Face'

Browse by tags