Scope (?):  All Topics
Hot or Not?

8 Things Your Houseguests Won't Tell You!!!!

submitted on August 22, 2010 by lolilpop18 in "Member's Lounge"
*My water glass left a ring on the bedside table.

When you look for a nightstand, choose one that you don't have to worry about. If you want people to feel relaxed and comfortable, you can help by designing their room to be as low-maintenance as possible. A table with a glass top won't leave rings.

*After turning out the lights, I bruised my knee climbing into bed.

Instead of harsh overhead lighting, try bedside sconces. Not only do they cast a soft, soothing light, guests won't have to negotiate their way back to bed in an unfamiliar space.

Related: Quick Makeover Ideas for Every Room

*I'm hungry.

Guests don't want to be caught rummaging through your fridge. Leaving a small piece of fruit, like an orange or an apple, will curb their craving for a midnight snack.

*I woke up at the crack of dawn.

Blackout shades are a great option for guest rooms. They work well when you want to sleep in late, and can also create a darkened, cool room on a summer afternoon.

*I hate the giant bouquet.

Don't overwhelm a tiny table with a large bouquet. Just a few buds will give guests enough room to place their essentials — and won't bring on an onslaught of allergies.

*I worry about waking you up.

Guests won't fret about walking around on creaking floors or disturbing you every time they get up if you throw down a plush rug. It also helps to warm up the space.

*I'm really cold at night, or I'm uncomfortably hot.

Here's the secret to a perfectly prepared bed: Start with great cotton sheets, add a cotton coverlet, then finish with a down duvet on top. That combination offers enough flexibility to deal with the most extreme temperature swings. Think a down comforter is pricey? Check Ikea for affordable ones.

*I can't find a place to charge my phone.

Guests shouldn't have to scramble down on all fours in order to find an outlet. Add a conveniently placed power strip or a docking station.

Posted by lolilpop18 on August 22, 2010
    [reply] 3 0
    this is true!!!
    Posted by WhattaDealBlog on August 22, 2010
    [reply] 1 0
    I get the point here, but to me personally this read as suggestions for people running a B&B more than just your standard house guests.

Maybe my family is just loud and pushy. Eeek
    • deby32953
      Posted by deby32953 on August 22, 2010 [reply] 0 0
      Amused LOL I want to know what they suggest about, ahhhh, noisy??? guests?? or guests who'd like to be???? if y'all know what I mean?

Leave a Comment (members Sign in to comment)

E-Mail (will not be published)

2 x 3 = ?

'Mr Green''Neutral''Twisted''Arrow''Eek''Smile''Confused''Cool''Evil''Big Grin''Idea''Red Face'

Browse by tags