Favorite
  Comments
    vectra5
    professor
    3 1 1
    Posted by vectra5 on January 22, 2011
    [reply] 4 0
    Severe head pain
    Chances are, it's a migraine. But if it isn't accompanied by other migraine symptoms (such as a visual aura), sudden, severe head pain can signal a brain aneurysm. "A burst aneurysm can cause brain damage within minutes, so you need to call 911 immediately

This is not easy to determine in time...
    CouponNut
    deity
    23 14 8
    12 10 2
    Posted by CouponNut on January 22, 2011
    [reply] 3 0
    I'd like to add pain in your joints; i.e. hips, knees, elbow, shoulder and if you have any neck pains.
    deby32953
    professor
    Posted by deby32953 on January 22, 2011
    [reply] 3 0
    I'd like to add if you have migraines more than once twice a month something MEDICALLY IS WRONG! For 13 years I had them 3x a week, was virtually always w/a migraine & was basically told I was drug seeking, lazy, & crazy although I had every symptom of M.S. & finally diagnosed myself when I could no longer walk! I called back over 13 M.D.s that had misdiagnosed me w/one of those things to tell them how wrong they were and how they had delayed treatment. All men I might add! I'm pretty healthy now, by the grace of God! And 17 scripts a day & monthly infusions of immunuglobin made from human blood. Liver transplant slated for March w/full brother giving me living donation!
    • pablos17
      deity
      2 4 6
      10 8 2
      Posted by pablos17 on January 22, 2011
      [reply] 3 0
      It's really stupid that too many doctors just don't listen to their patients any more. My wife had GI trouble for over two years and the doctors just wanted to put her through one miserable procedure after another. Fortunately, everything got better when she got pregnant with our first son.

Hope everything goes well with the transplant and that you get to feeling the best you can soon. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    • deby32953
      professor
      Posted by deby32953 on January 23, 2011
      [reply] 1 0
      I feel really good about it. I CAN believe what happened to your wife since I had terrible GERD but it disappear AFTER the birth of my last son! Drs said it was just a coincidence!
    teacher
    Posted by sareece on January 23, 2011
    [reply] 3 0
    Oh Deby, that is horrible. I had the same thing happen with my back, but from military docs. I had loose bone fragments in my back where my vertebrae had broken apart and was called everything from crazy to a drug seeker. 6 years after the fact, I have permanent nerve damage in my right leg and still have a heck of a time with it. After the MRI they finally believed me... I hate that health care is like this.
    • deby32953
      professor
      [reply] 1 0
      I know how you feel! I've had 3 spinal fusions w/hardware, the 1st in '93 then I fell in my portable classroom (due to undiagnosed MS) & fractured spine putting me through 11 more surgeries! In '06 I had a Medtronic implanted dialatid pain pump implant & went from wheelchair to dancing w/son at his wedding 3 wks later!! It's wonderful although I still have to take a little extra oral at times!! If you still have pain, you might want to check it out. Drs just don't want to believe women!!
    CouponNut
    deity
    23 14 8
    12 10 2
    Posted by CouponNut on January 23, 2011
    [reply] 2 0
    Sorry to say things happened to my brother in-law with his pain making his body ache back in June and now he is bedridden with Lymphoma and unable to walk from all the Chemo and drugs he has taken to fight it.
    • deby32953
      professor
      [reply] 2 0
      I'm so sorry! Only thing that bugs me is Hospice keeps wanting to come in & I aint' givin' up yet!!! I didn't qualify for transplant list but that don't mean I can't have one! It was all the oral meds they gave me before pain pump that ruined liver! Idiot drs!
    • CouponNut
      deity
      23 14 8
      12 10 2
      [reply] 1 0
      Hospice is tough, so far no Hospice is in the works for my brother in-law. Hope everything is ok for you deby.
    CouponNut
    deity
    23 14 8
    12 10 2
    [reply] 3 0
    No pain should be let go without knowing the reason of why its happening.

Leave a Comment (members Sign in to comment)

Name

E-Mail (will not be published)

2 x 3 = ?

Emoticons

'Mr Green''Neutral''Twisted''Arrow''Eek''Smile''Confused''Cool''Evil''Big Grin''Idea''Red Face'

(more)

Browse by tags