Scope (?):  All Topics
lootango
professor
11 9 1
Hot or Not?

5 Simple Habits to Help Save Money

submitted on June 25, 2014 by lootango in "Member's Lounge"
I came across a new article which comes up with "new" habits you can develop to help save you money. I actually abide by most of these except that I NEVER carry cash but think it's a good point... back in my younger days, spending was much tighter when I had to physically hand over money rather than swipe a magical card that gave me everything my heart desired. It doesn't always work, mind you, especially with my online shopping habit... but it might be an interesting experiment to try for a few weeks.

What are your thoughts? Any other advice to save some extra $$ that could be a good habit-forming idea?

http://money.usnews.com/money/.....-you-money

Favorite
  Comments
    YanBz
    admin
    Posted by YanBz on June 25, 2014
    [reply] 1 0
    I have quite the opposite attitude towards carrying cash. If I spend it via credit card then there is a transaction/record left and I feel more accountable. If I spend cash then no such record is left and so I feel like money just disappears, and so I spend more readily.
    CouponNut
    deity
    23 14 8
    12 10 2
    Posted by CouponNut on June 25, 2014
    [reply] 1 0
    I prefer the magical card for paperless recordkeeping, plus I get many, many rewards & discounts when using store cards, however, I charge only what I feel comfortable in paying the bill in full on the next billing statement. I have so many rewards, I can't seem to keep track of them all and many I forgot about and did not redeem on time.
    lootango
    professor
    11 9 1
    Posted by lootango on June 26, 2014 [reply] 0 0
    The rewards are a nice perk... but I have issues when I go out with my credit card, especially on a clothes shopping binge/wardrobe update. If I have cold hard cash, I feel like it might limit me as opposed to getting all the things I want, only getting the things I need (or want the most).

Leave a Comment (members Sign in to comment)

Name

E-Mail (will not be published)

2 x 3 = ?

Emoticons

'Mr Green''Neutral''Twisted''Arrow''Eek''Smile''Confused''Cool''Evil''Big Grin''Idea''Red Face'

(more)

Browse by tags