Scope (?):  All Topics
11 8 1
Hot or Not?

5 Brands that could be gone this year

submitted on February 28, 2014 by equipurple in "Stores / Merchants"
Interesting short video speculates on brands that could be gone from the marketplace this year, based on sales and financial health.
Olympus cameras
Mitsubishi cars

9 4 4
    11 8 2
    Posted by onkarkulkarni on February 28, 2014
    [reply] 3 0
    Good information..I would also add JCP to this list which is struggling to keep up with the competition. LivingSocial is kind of a surprise which is loosing steam against its rival, Groupon lately. Kindle Fire has clearly taken over the market share over Nook. Rest were no surprises.
    • equipurple
      11 8 1
      Posted by equipurple on March 1, 2014
      [reply] 2 0
      I saw the JCP logo prominent in the display, but she did not go further than such subliminal mention about them. I am also less sure about the WNBA; I think it offers tremendous political and societal benefit for the NBA and may remain as a losing business with a purpose. Note too that WNBA allows advertising on uniforms (see worldwide soccer, Nascar, etc) so there can be additional revenue and interest streams set up. Though the analogy is not completely direct, the NFL, I think, did itself great long term disservice by dropping its European developmental league; the transition to a new NFL market in London could have been simpler with the World League still playing.
    • HouTex
      Posted by HouTex on March 1, 2014
      [reply] 3 0
      The text article about these 5 brands
      refers to another link at the very end
      That article lists 10 possible disappearing brands, and JCP is among them.
    • HouTex
      Posted by HouTex on March 1, 2014
      [reply] 3 0
      Another point I found interesting was that nearly 40% of adults who read ebooks own a Kindle -

Leave a Comment (members Sign in to comment)

E-Mail (will not be published)

2 x 3 = ?

'Mr Green''Neutral''Twisted''Arrow''Eek''Smile''Confused''Cool''Evil''Big Grin''Idea''Red Face'

Browse by tags