Scope (?):  All Topics
lolilpop18
beginner
Hot or Not?

4 Places Bedbugs Hide -- and How to Avoid Them

submitted on August 27, 2010 by lolilpop18 in "Member's Lounge"
*IN HOTEL ROOMS
If you are traveling, thoroughly inspect the entire hotel room before unpacking, including pulling back the sheets, inspecting mattress seams, checking behind the headboard and examining sofas and chairs.

*IN DRESSING ROOMS
Bedbugs have proven to have fabulous fashion sense -- recently, they've been found in several popular retail stores. When trying on potential new items, be sure to hang your clothing on hooks rather than lay them then across the cushioned seats in the dressing room or on the carpeted floors.

*ON CRAIGSLIST
Do not buy used furniture, especially bedding or upholstered items. If you absolutely MUST have a vintage something or other in your home, find a bug expert who can inspect it for bedbugs or eggs (shudder).

*AT THE OFFICE
Several prominent New York City offices have been shut down in recent weeks thanks to bedbug infestations. To keep your workspace pest-free, keep clutter to a minimum, vacuum frequently (keep a hand-vac in your cube, if possible) and inspect any packages or deliveries that come your way.

Source:
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel.....m-2371120/

Favorite
  Comments
    jack69darin
    professor
    11 2 1
    Posted by jack69darin on August 27, 2010
    [reply] 6 0
    yuck! Eeek
    HouTex
    admin
    Posted by HouTex on August 27, 2010
    [reply] 6 0
    One more good reason (among many) to avoid Craigslist!
    outcastplo313
    professor
    Posted by outcastplo313 on August 27, 2010
    [reply] 6 0
    Nomore Craigslist shopping!
    YanBz
    admin
    Posted by YanBz on August 27, 2010
    [reply] 3 0
    For some reason I feel itchy today... Smile
    • outcastplo313
      professor
      Posted by outcastplo313 on August 28, 2010
      [reply] 1 0
      Ahhh same here. Maybe just paranoia.
    vectra5
    professor
    3 1 1
    Posted by vectra5 on August 27, 2010
    [reply] 4 0
    It's a little tough when it comes to hotel rooms.. Let's say you inspect the bed and notice some signs of bed bug life on it.. What are you going to do.. Chances are other rooms infected as well..you need to sleep somewhere before you check out and look for another hotel...
    webbyone2010
    professor
    Posted by webbyone2010 on August 27, 2010
    [reply] 4 0
    I feel itchy Eeek
    deby32953
    professor
    Posted by deby32953 on August 28, 2010
    [reply] 3 0
    I know it may sound paranoid, but I bring my own sheets when going to a hotel & ask that they bring a freshly laundered blanket. Now I'm itching too!
    pablos17
    deity
    2 4 6
    10 8 2
    Posted by pablos17 on August 28, 2010
    [reply] 4 0
    Solution to the bedbug problem. Just get lots of pet spiders to carry with you. Spiders need to eat too.

Of course, my wife wouldn't go for that. One of our cats found a small spider near the bookcase in our kitchen yesterday. While trying to find the little spider I saw one about 5 times bigger hiding underneath the bookcase. You should've heard her shreek. Eeek
    • deby32953
      professor
      Posted by deby32953 on August 29, 2010 [reply] 0 0
      Eeek I HATE SPIDERS! Once when I was 17, I was showering in my rented garage room & tiles were missing in the ceiling. The steam smoked out huge WOLF spider that dropped on my chest! I screamed then passed out cold in shock! When I came to, the homeowner's 15 yr-old son was standing over me w/a bag in his hand w/dead spider. He wanted to know if I was o.k. At that time all I wanted was a TOWEL! True story. I've been terrified ever since!

Leave a Comment (members Sign in to comment)

Name

E-Mail (will not be published)

2 x 3 = ?

Emoticons

'Mr Green''Neutral''Twisted''Arrow''Eek''Smile''Confused''Cool''Evil''Big Grin''Idea''Red Face'

(more)

Browse by tags