Scope (?):  All Topics
3 1
Hot or Not?

4 Money Mistakes That Can Destroy You

submitted on December 19, 2010 by vectra5 in "Member's Lounge"
Not all money mistakes are created equal. If you forget to use a coupon when you buy that gallon of milk, it might cost you 50 cents. It stinks to pay more than you need to but the mistake costs you only 50 cents. If you decline the flood rider for your homeowners insurance and are hit with a flash flood, that's a mistake that can cost you dearly. Both are money mistakes, but one has a microscopic impact while the other hurts significantly

Today, we're going to go over a few money mistakes we all make that have the potential to cripple you financially. These mistakes are common, have a significant impact, and are often very easy to fix.

1. Not Having an Emergency Fund
2. Failing to Set Financial Goals
3. Missing a Credit Card Payment
4. Not Reviewing Your Credit reports

More here..

23 14 8
    12 10 2
    Posted by CouponNut on December 19, 2010
    [reply] 3 0
    FREE credit reports are available annually from all 3 reporting agencies at - and will not affect your credit score.
    Posted by YanBz on December 19, 2010
    [reply] 1 0
    Yep, I am using that website too and it is the only legitimately free site for credit reports, as far as I know.
    10 5 1
    Posted by DebsFreebies on December 20, 2010
    [reply] 1 0
    You can also call them at 877-322-8228 and request your free credit report.

Under federal law, you’re also entitled to a free report if a company takes adverse action against you, such as denying your application for credit, insurance, or employment, and you ask for your report within 60 days of receiving notice of the action.
    Posted by deby32953 on December 20, 2010 [reply] 0 0
    Great info. I found out recently when trying to refinance are home that I had a bad score on only 1 company's score for late payments. I've never made a late payment in my life! I had no idea! It's been cleared since then. And I didn't get my refinance but it was worth the trouble to find out about the mistake.

Leave a Comment (members Sign in to comment)

E-Mail (will not be published)

2 x 3 = ?

'Mr Green''Neutral''Twisted''Arrow''Eek''Smile''Confused''Cool''Evil''Big Grin''Idea''Red Face'

Browse by tags