Scope (?):  All Topics
DebsFreebies
professor
10 5 1
Hot or Not?

15 Websites to Find People On The Internet (Poll)

submitted on October 16, 2010 by DebsFreebies in "Member's Lounge"
This was inspired by Jack69Darrin's post about the Government Monitoring Social Networking Sites (http://www.buxr.com/topic/us-g.....sites_3787 )

You can pretty much find anyone on the internet; I guess the question is, how MUCH information about a particular person is out there to be found.

This article gives 15 websites used to find people. Some are more specialized than others.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/1.....le-online/

Put your name in Google and then type Buxr. Chances are, you're listed.
1. Have you ever used the internet to find someone?
 yes
 no
2. Have you ever been aware that someone found YOU on the internet?
 yes
 no
 or See Results 

Favorite
  Comments
    YanBz
    admin
    Posted by YanBz on October 16, 2010
    [reply] 1 0
    By 'name', do you mean your Buxr login name?
    • DebsFreebies
      professor
      10 5 1
      Posted by DebsFreebies on October 16, 2010
      [reply] 1 0
      Valid question....I put in my given name and Buxr and it came up via Wisebread due to the comment during their giveaway.

Putting my Buxr log in name in and Buxr gave more results.

Type in "HouTex" and "Buxr" and you get many results.

Granted, there isn't an obvious link between the Buxr log in name and your personal information but take you, for example, Yan. I found your address and phone number just by doing a search Smile
    • YanBz
      admin
      Posted by YanBz on October 16, 2010
      [reply] 1 0
      I don't think Buxr has anything to do with it. My name and address got published via white pages since I didn't put the record as private. Be assured, the personal information in your Buxr account is safely locked behind your password and is never published.
    • DebsFreebies
      professor
      10 5 1
      [reply] 1 0
      Yes, Buxr does take great care in securing name and addresses.

Many do not realize what ends up being public information and what does not on the other websites they register with ...
    sandyshore
    professor
    2 1
    12 8 1
    Posted by sandyshore on October 16, 2010
    [reply] 2 0
    Ok, I played just to see what info is available for me -- they can't get a phone number. On the one website they have my income as well beyond what I earn, my marital status wrong, my age and a few other personal identifiers wrong -- they also street viewed a house in a development NOT Mine close but not mine so they may have some info but not always reliable. The thing is if you share personal information online and use some bogus identifiers yourself on questionable sites you can skew the outcome of what others find and how reliable the information is TOO!!
    midget
    professor
    5 3 2
    10 6 2
    Posted by midget on October 16, 2010
    [reply] 2 0
    I just searched the criminal record one and it is so inaccurate. I typed in someone I knew had a criminal record and nothing came up.

Some much for reliability! lol
    • DebsFreebies
      professor
      10 5 1
      [reply] 3 0
      Same with me, I typed in someone I knew and it was blank. What's fun is entering your OWN name in some of these sites!

Leave a Comment (members Sign in to comment)

Name

E-Mail (will not be published)

2 x 3 = ?

Emoticons

'Mr Green''Neutral''Twisted''Arrow''Eek''Smile''Confused''Cool''Evil''Big Grin''Idea''Red Face'

(more)

Browse by tags