Scope (?):  All Topics
psplove
professor
3 1 6
11 9 2
Hot or Not?

10 questions your gynecologist wants you to ask: don't be shy; speaking up could save your life

submitted on January 16, 2011 by psplove in "Member's Lounge"
1. Should I be tested for sexually transmitted diseases?
2. What about a different contraceptive?
3. Should I have a prescription for the "morning-after pill"?
4. What can I do about incontinence?
5. Why are my periods irregular?
6. What can I do about sexual problems?
7. Can I talk to the nurse?
8. I was abused or assaulted (sexually or otherwise) in the past -- what effect does that have on my health?
9. What were my test results?
10. How does smoking affect my sexual and reproductive health?

Full Article:
http://findarticles.com/p/arti.....ntent;col1

Favorite
  Comments
    CouponNut
    deity
    23 14 8
    12 10 2
    Posted by CouponNut on January 16, 2011
    [reply] 6 0
    I personally would scratch number 7. Your doctor knows you better than any nurse you may or may not have known over the years. Doctor knows best! Big Grin
    mooncow728
    professor
    1 1
    12 6 1
    Posted by mooncow728 on January 16, 2011
    [reply] 8 0
    Always remember to go with your gut though. I had an IUD put in and within a month it disappeared. I had been getting pains but they brushed everything off and acted like I was paranoid. I went and got a second opinion and still got the same answers. A year later though low and behold the device was still inside. It had perforated my uterus, got tangled in my fallopian tube then perforated that and headed for my intestines. I got lucky and it ended up getting caught in the fatty wall that protects the intestines and they were able to remove it when I had to get my appendix taken out. It could have caused a lot of damage but I suppose I was lucky. So if you think something is wrong make sure you speak up! Doctors normally know best but you know your body better than anyone!
    • deby32953
      professor
      Posted by deby32953 on January 16, 2011
      [reply] 4 0
      OMG! What a nightmare for you! Were you done having children?
    • mooncow728
      professor
      1 1
      12 6 1
      Posted by mooncow728 on January 16, 2011
      [reply] 5 0
      Yeah I was done but they aren't sure to what extent it damaged everything. I want to get my tubes tied now but my doctor is worried that there will be too much scar tissue. I go Wednesday to find out. Wish me luck!
    mommy25
    professor
    1 4
    8 7 2
    Posted by mommy25 on January 16, 2011
    [reply] 6 0
    Wow what a terrible experience mooncow. Glad all went well in the end.
    deby32953
    professor
    Posted by deby32953 on January 16, 2011
    [reply] 4 0
    Since I had a hysterectomy in '03, I don't have to worry about most of those questions but I still go yearly & also do the yearly mammogram even though thankfully there's no family history. I do have problems w/#4 due the MS I have a spastic bladder and have to wear a patch. A few years ago, until they got it under control w/meds, my hubby was either washing sheets for my son or me each morning! lol Noah has since grown out of his bedwetting problem & would kill me if he knew I had told you!
    • gabyperu
      professor
      9 5 2
      Posted by gabyperu on January 16, 2011
      [reply] 1 0
      What a great husband you have.

Leave a Comment (members Sign in to comment)

Name

E-Mail (will not be published)

2 x 3 = ?

Emoticons

'Mr Green''Neutral''Twisted''Arrow''Eek''Smile''Confused''Cool''Evil''Big Grin''Idea''Red Face'

(more)

Browse by tags