Scope (?):  All Topics
3 9
10 9 2
Hot or Not?

10 Products That Pay for Themselves

submitted on December 2, 2010 by anand in "Member's Lounge"
You might not think of your morning coffee or holiday lights as a source of high ROI – return on investment – but you should.

“I'm a big believer in investing in quality over quantity, so buying certain products that are longer-lasting or better made help you spend less in the long run,” said Tsh Oxenreider, author of the blog Simple Mom and the book Organized Simplicity . “Being frugal doesn't mean spending the absolute least amount of money. It means being good stewards with the money you have.
So what items give you the biggest bang for your buck? Check out these 10 Products That Pay for Themselves.

Coffee Maker: Product pays for itself in: 2 months.
Water Filter; Product pays for itself in: Less than 2 months.
High-Efficiency Shower Head: Product pays for itself in: 4 months.
Dryer Balls: Product pays for itself in: 1 month.
Battery Charger: Product pays for itself in: About 6 months.
Solar Holiday Lights: Product pays for itself in: About two seasons.
Programmable Thermostat:Product pays for itself in: 1 month.
Portable USB Flash Drive: Product pays for itself in: About 1 year
Composite Decking: Product pays for itself in: 2-3 years.
Electric Car: Product pays for itself in: 5 to 6 years. Big Grin

11 8 1
    Posted by equipurple on December 3, 2010
    [reply] 9 0
    Obviously, these only "pay for themselves" if your life includes the alternative. If you don't buy fancy lattes or bottled water, the payback is longer.
    2 4 6
    10 8 2
    Posted by pablos17 on December 3, 2010
    [reply] 5 0
    Interesting that an electric car pays for itself in such little time. Not surprised with how ridiculous gas prices are though. My next car will definitely be an electric.
    • HouTex
      Posted by HouTex on December 3, 2010
      [reply] 6 0
      I sure wouldn't want to get stuck on the freeway in the snow in an electric car..... Eeek
    Posted by YanBz on December 3, 2010
    [reply] 5 0
    Drier balls - do they still help if you have a horizontal load washing machine? Also, I read somewhere that you could use used tennis balls instead and they will be just effective...
    • deby32953
      Posted by deby32953 on December 4, 2010 [reply] 0 0
      We hang all our laudry on drip dry hangers except for towels and other such things. It keeps the bills down and is much easier on your clothing. What are the dryer balls supposed to do anyway?

Leave a Comment (members Sign in to comment)

E-Mail (will not be published)

2 x 3 = ?

'Mr Green''Neutral''Twisted''Arrow''Eek''Smile''Confused''Cool''Evil''Big Grin''Idea''Red Face'

Browse by tags